When students travel from their homelands to the USA to attend college, they are thrust into unfamiliar experiences and environments. Couple that with separation from their family and friends, and the transition can be very challenging.
International Student Outreach (ISO) exists to help create a friendly atmosphere for international students at local universities, helping them in whatever area they are in need during their time in the US.
- We help new and existing students in many of the following ways:
- Providing airport pick-ups
- Providing temporary host families
- Assistance with finding permanent and affordable housing
- Providing tours of the campus and the city
- Assistance in the college entrance process
- Assistance in opening bank accounts
- Assistance in purchasing a USA cell phone and/or phone plan
ISO also has other activities to assist students once they arrive on campus. Activities include the following:
- Providing conversational English partners
- Assisting students with shopping
- Arranging family play dates for students with children
- Hosting International events that allow new students to meet each other and make friends
- Campus Church services
- Discovering Christianity Group Bible studies
Most of all, ISO exists to show the love of Jesus Christ to people from all nations!
ISO is based at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities campus. We currently have another ISO group in Mankato, MN at Minnesota State University. We hope to have other ISO groups at various colleges and universities throughout the USA in the future.
For more information about ISO please visit www.internationalstudentoutreach.com